Sunday, 18 March 2007

St Patricks day and Jared

So iv been travelling with Jared for a while now, sharing a tent etc. But theres just something i need to get off my chest while the other are writing about things of consequence. Now some of you may know he's been known to say things that are a little less than manly (regarding his love for shoes, shopping ect.) But his comments have reached dangerous new heights of sensitivity. Which is worrying since the aim of this trip was to toughen up a bit, learn how to rough it etc. Here are three of Jareds recent musings, tell me what you think:

"when i sleep the pillow really hurts my beard"
"this citronella soap lathers up so nicely in my hair"
"
Okay i forgot the last one, something about enjoying spooning a little too much maybe, I should write them down.

Should i really be sharing a tent with this man??

On a brighter note i am pleased to report that we found some Guiness in Iringa, it may have been brewed in Dar but it was every bit as meaningful. So we had a wonderful St Patrick's day, rounded off at a nice riverside campsite (in the rain). Today we rented out Stanley to some folk we met in Livingstone, so he's going on a safari (This is good because were too skint to pay for any park fees, but its okay), and we have the day to mess around in Iringa again. I like Iringa, its much better than Mbeya.

Oh and comments are really good and appreciated immensely, but put your name in there so we know who to send gifts to. Not really, but please do put your name in, there are lots of anonymous ones and its irritating.

2 comments:

Piet said...

My name is Piet, and i hereby claim my right to presents. Lots of them.

Berry said...

Dudes your trip sounds so amazing, and I think all your posts are hysterical! I cant believe Jarred still jocks out in Africa! Hope he doesnt snuggle too much Matty! Lotsa Love
Berry